First Aid Instructor Course
Canadian Red Cross Certified
Looking to be part of something good? How about helping others? Or even better, training people to save lives and help others when they need it and the time they need it most? First Aid Instructor is a rewarding part time or full time job!
NEW DATES !
New Course Dates : October 21, 22, 23, 29, 30
Skills assessment : Oct 21 – 6pm-9pm
Instructor Course Oct 22, 23, 29, 30 – 9am-5pm
Pre-requisites to apply:
- 18 years of age.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR/AED level HCP.
- Ability to pass pre-course testing of knowledge and skills.
- Understand the mission and spirit of the Red Cross
- Ability to comprehend and demonstrate the skills in the First Aid, CPR, and AED skills checklist.
- Successfully complete the Practice Teaching required in the course
Adhere to the Code of Conduct, Legal Responsibilities, and Healthy Teaching Practices.
- Pass a knowledge evaluation with a minimum mark of 80%
Candidates must attend and participate in 100% of the course
Duration: 32hrs Cost: $675 + GST
Instructor must have:
- Taught a minimum of three Canadian Red Cross CPR courses during the three-year period. One of the courses must be either Standard First Aid, Standard Child Care First Aid, or Marine Basic First Aid since obtaining the Instructor certification or recertification.
- Valid First Aid Instructor Certification (No Expired)
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR/AED Level HCP
Duration: 8hrs Cost: $190 + GST
Please note: There will be no refunds given on you have signed up for this course as it is a specialized course.
CERTIFIED FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR
Be Part of Something Good
Training others to save lives is a rewarding experience in many differente levels. As a First Aid Instructor you will be responsible to provide the public with the most essential live rescuing techniques and educate them with life-time skills and knowledge necessary to treat and prevent injury and emergencies.
The First Aid Instructor
Being a First Aid Instructor comes with a set of different challenges and rewards. It is a rewarding job and one that you will interact with your local community.
As a Canadian Red Cross Instructor you can expect:
- Dealing with a diverse and multi-cultural setting
- Educating different age groups and learning capacities
- Responsibility over proper instruction and execution of skills
- Teaching in multiple setting both urban and rural
- Adapting to different educational backgrounds