The first step to a professional baby sitter
The Babysitter course is a basic first aid and care-giving skills training for youth ages 10 and up. Participants will learn how to provide care to younger children in a variety of age groups, and how to prevent and respond to basic emergencies that can arise.
This course also offers youth the training to promote themselves as a babysitter to prospective parents.
As a trained babysitter, you will learn:
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for himself/herself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resumé and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job
Be a Babysitter Star!
Ready to become a professional babysitter? Well this is the best start you can get. This course is also a great place to start learning about life saving skills
You can expect a class with an instructor that :
- Have real world experience in an emergency setting
- Experience teaching teens and young adults
- Certified by the Canadian Red Cross for First Aid Training
- Aware of different student needs and paces
- Approachable and friendly