Child Care First Aid Course
This course includes CPR / AED training
The Child Care First Aid certification is mandatory for anyone that will be working with children of all ages. This Canadian Red Cross course is a comprehensive first aid course that is focused on children and young adults.
Child care first aid includes a CPR level B designation. Participants that require childcare first aid training include among others, employees in childcare, child safety, daycare and kindergartens. Anybody that works with children in a community or group setting is recommended to have childcare first aid training.
The course outline includes:
The Child Care First Aid course is perhaps the Canadian Red Cross’ most comprehensive first aid course. It includes a total of 14 chapters ( one chapter more than Standard First Aid) with an emphasis on child illnesses and emergency care.
- The History of the Red Cross
- Steps on Preparing to Respond
- How the Emergency Medical System works
- Check, Call, Care during an emergency
- Airway Emergencies (emphasis on children )
- Breathing and Circulation Emergencies (emphasis on children )
- Respiratory and Cardiac Arrest ( Level B)
- Wound Care and Prevention
- Head and Spine Injuries and Prevention
- Bone, Muscle, and Joint Injuries and Prevention
- Sudden Medical Emergencies (Diabetes, Seizures, etc)
- Environmental Emergencies (Hypothermia, Heat Stroke, etc.
- Poisons (emphasis on children )
- Additional Chapter on Children’s Illnesses
The Most Trusted Child Care First Aid Training
Child Care Oriented Course
Our certified instructors will give you an in-depth look into first aid oriented towards child and infant care. Our Instructors have worked with countless day care providers, teachers and other professionals in the field.
In a Child Care First Aid Class you can expect instructors that :
- Have knowledge and experience working with children
- Have experience in adult education
- Are certified by the Canadian Red Cross for First Aid Training
- Are aware of different student needs and paces
- Are approachable and friendly
Right Equipment & Facilities
At Act Now Training you can expect the best equipment when it comes to your training experience. We will introduce you to all the elements necessary for your learning and provide you with some extras!
At Act Now Training you can expect:
- Top of the line protective equipment
- State of the art mannequins
- Splinting and bandaging material
- All equipment and supplies mandated by the Red Cross
Our facilities are located at a convenient location in the South, easily accessible yet secluded enough to guarantee a quiet and proper learning environment.
A New Approach to First Aid
At Act Now Training we take a personal approach to the learning experience. We are aware that different people learn in different ways and at different speeds. That’s why our courses have been adapted and segmented to cater to all the different groups.
Expect a new and refreshing way to learn life saving skills:
- Friendly and approachable instructors
- Adapted courses for different groups
- Attentive and caring staff
- And much more!
Experience Act Now Training, and save lives today!